Get involved by actively being a part of the Year of Open. The following are simple ways to contribute.
- Download and display the Year of Open logo
- Use and follow the hashtag #yearofopen in conversations
- Host a webinar or event in your community. Share the link on our Facebook page and on Twitter using #yearofopen.
- Add your events to the Year of Open Events calendar to share with others. Open Events Calendar
- Write an opinion or editorial article for your local newspaper or favorite website. This is an excellent way to reach the general public. Contact the specific news outlet for their guidelines and deadlines. For tips on how to write an effective piece, see http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/14/opinion/op-ed-and-you.html and http://newsoffice.duke.edu/duke_resources/oped.html
Don’t forget to share your story via social media using #yearofopen, and send us the link to your story or blog post.
- Talk to your friends and colleagues about the ways open can improve how you do things. Participate in an open initiative or open community. Blog about your experience and share it with us #yearofopen.
- Keep everyone up-to-date about your involvement in Open activities on the Year of Open Facebook page.
- Post an Impact Story. An Impact Story can be a video, a written document, an infographic or other piece that describes your footprint in Open. Please be sure to include important information about your work and it’s impact, such as the name of the organization or project, location, description and outcomes. Please keep it short and clear (videos no more than 2-3 minutes, written docs no more than 3 paragraphs). Post your story to the Year of Open Facebook page